Momming

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Birthday Video

   Okay people!! The big day has come and gone, and little Wyatt is firmly entrenched in his second year of life. There's lots to share that I know you're just dying to see because my life is so dang exciting and rewarding. I mean, what else do you have to do besides read all about a one-year-old's video-game-themed birthday party?! Nothing! That's what I thought. (For what it's worth, I clearly have even less to do since I can plan the party and then blog it).

   But before we get to the good stuff, let's start with the great stuff. Meaning this video. This video is pretty great.


   I have a feeling this one's going down as family lore, to be laughed about forever - and replayed forever. Watch it again and see if you can pinpoint the exact moment that I was most frustrated with my wife...  it's tough to do but give it a shot.

   For what it's worth, the whole time I was thinking "well, I guess we'll blow out the candle for him, and she seems pretty careful not to put it too close." But then she scooted it closer. And then she took out his bink and the candle was still burning. Did she think that he'd know to blow it out?! We never really let him interact with fire, just to be clear.

   I am just so glad it happened, because Wyatt isn't burned and I can end any argument with "at least I didn't give a baby any sort of flame ever." Until I do something stupider, like encourage him to try to walk along the fence...

   We're good parents, okay!!

My mood: exhausted but happy
Wyatt's mood: stuff everywhere! (and no, he's not burned!!)
Listening to: ... um ... still zelda music, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment