Momming

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Truth Comes Out!!

"Well, I'm tired, but I'm sick of laying down."

   It's about 1:30 am. I am crawling in bed. Cara is asleep. She's a bit of a sleep-talker, though she hasn't said much in a long time. When we first got married she would have the most interesting conversations. I'll share one later, but, let me set the scene for this recent sleep-talking adventure first: It's about 1:30 am, I am crawling in bed and Cara is asleep.

Cara: Who are you?
Me: It's Grant.
...
...
Me: Wait, why do you have to ask?
Cara: Just making sure. I always do.
...
...
Me: No you don't.
Cara: Shh.

   I did not sleep well that night. I've always suspected. But now, well, now I am sure. She wishes she'd married someone else. It's gotten to the point she's dreaming about someone else. It's the only explanation. I've blogged about her sleep-talking before, and it's been going on for a long time. Like this one, years ago, when she had another sleep confession.

September 23, 2007:


Cara: Hey I need you to come here. I need you to start the program
Me: Huh?
I need the program, and you need to start it
What program?
The saw program?
The what program?
I counted the pills and gave them to the lady
Oh. How many pills were there?
Ninety
And who did you give them to?
Some guy
Who was he?
Bill
Who’s tha—
Bill takes the clothes
Oh yeah?
Yeah.
So who is your favorite?
You are
Who is your second favorite?
You are
Who is your tenth favorite?
Bill
And who is he?
He doesn’t live here
Where does he live?
Willamette
Aahhh- Willamette

   Bill!! Is that who Cara was expecting to crawl into bed?! I've always suspected that. I'm just surprised she hasn't talked about Travis yet. Travis. I hate that guy and his lack of chest hair.

   Whoa!! I just realized something. That little sleep conversation above took place on September 23, 2007. (I know the date because whenever Cara says something worth remembering, I wake up, run to the computer and email the transcript to her old roommate, who has some fun Cara-sleeptalking stories of her own). September 23rd is Wyatt's birthday! If instead of Wyatt we'd named him Bill, he could take the clothes and live in Willamette and Cara could be some sort of prophet. I mean, prophetess. A lady prophet. Like a lioness but for the future.

My mood: groggy and confused
Cara's mood: ashamed she's been found out!
Wyatt's mood: oblivious to his parents turmoil
Listening to: Mariah Carey Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment