Momming

Friday, December 16, 2011

Fixing Things

     I do my job. I thaw and heat the milk. I feed Traeden the milk (remember, traeden = wyatt for wyatt's safety). I burp him. I put him to bed. I ignore him when he's crying like I am supposed to. I make a good dinner and try to keep the house clean.
     Why on earth does it take that bum spouse of mine a week to fix the toilet?! Sure, she's been at work all week, but doesn't she know how annoying it is that I have to manually turn on and off the water every time I want it to flush (which is pretty much every time I use it)!? I do my part as the housewife, why can't she just fix things that are broken? And would it kill her to notice that I shaved today?

     Traeden just loves the show Battlestar Gallactica. We're already pretty sure he's going to grow up to be a forensic anthropologist or FBI agent, due to the fact that he's seen roughly 70 hours of Bones in the last month, but he just gets the biggest, most thoughtful blank stare on his face when the drums start beating on Battlestar. That's why I hold him as close to the TV as possible. I'm sure he's contemplating his own existence, just as those poor, barely surviving souls try to find the purpose in their own existence. In fact, he seems to love Battlestar Gallactica, Burn Notice, Psych, White Collar, the British version of The Office, Phineas and Ferb, 30 Rock, Arrested, and pretty much everything that I like!! I bet he always likes everything that I like! Forever! What fun we are going to have.



Traeden's mood: quizzical
My mood: stir crazy
Listening to: Enya

No comments:

Post a Comment