Momming

Monday, March 4, 2013

We Are Never Homeschooling

   A few days ago, Cara gave me a pop quiz: What sound does a doggie make? I could tell she was asking in a way to see what I would tell Wyatt, should the subject come up. I racked my brain and, against my better judgement, went with "bow wow" over "bark bark." She was livid. No dog has ever said "bow wow" unless it's in a bad pop song.

   Fair enough.

   Apparently a dog says "woof woof." Now I know better and will be sure to never get it wrong again, although I feel like "arf arf," and "ruff ruff" are acceptable as well. Do all dog words come in pairs?

   Today I saw this on the floor of the nursery:


   There was a moment where I really hoped Wyatt had written those words. Woff woof. Ugh. I am going to be sick. Nevermind the fact that the dog is cross eyed or has an arrow for a nose. I should be happy that Cara is trying to teach Wyatt to recognize pictures and animals and associate sounds. But I am rapidly getting to the point where I'd rather leave Wyatt with my mom and her iPad then with Cara alone. 

Woff woof everyone.

My bad: very, very depressed and nervous
Wyatt's mood: sleepy sleepy
Listening to: Jack Johnson
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment